Venturing into more advanced underwater environments is very often related to longer times and greater depths. To be able to safely extend both, divers need to increase their available breathing gas volume and add equipment redundancy.
The GUE Doubles Primer is a non-certification course designed to teach divers how to safely and comfortably dive a double tank configuration using proper equipment and techniques.
Anyone interested in making the transition from single tank to doubles will benefit from this class. It is highly recommended to anyone who is intending to take GUE Fundamentals class and who has no previous doubles experience.
This training is available for non-GUE trained divers and can serve as a basic introduction to GUE systems.
The prerequisites for the GUE Fundamentals course are:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be a non-smoker
- Be able to swim
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may be contraindicated for diving
- Be a certified diver from a recognised training agency
- Complete the course registration and submit direct to GUE