If you want to spend more time in-water by extending bottom times, increasing depth, or simply diving in colder climates calls for proper thermal protection which can be provided by using a drysuit, this course is for you.
GUE’s Drysuit Primer is a non-certification course designed to prepare divers for drysuit diving using proper equipment and techniques.
Anyone interested in the transition from wetsuit to drysuit to allow for longer dives in colder water will be interested in this course. Our experienced instructors will guide you through the proper techniques and safety measures necessary to dive with a drysuit, including buoyancy control, insulation selection, and equipment configuration. By the end of the GUE Drysuit Primer, you will have gained the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently dive with a drysuit, increasing your comfort and expanding your diving possibilities.
This training is available for non-GUE trained divers and can serve as a basic introduction to GUE system.
The prerequisites for the GUE Fundamentals course are:
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Be physically and mentally fit
- Be a non-smoker
- Be able to swim
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any medical condition that may be contraindicated for diving
- Be a certified diver from a recognised training agency
- Complete the course registration and submit direct to GUE